Home » Standard Safari Lodges
Buhoma Community Rest Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Mid-Range)-Overview
Buhoma Community Rest Camp has been the backbone of BMCDA since its inception in 1993.
It offers 6 well-furnished and self-contained (ensuite) safari tents, 3 self-contained cottages, and 2 non-self-contained twin cottage bandas.
All bandas are built with local materials and are of African architectural design.
The cam also offers guests a 6-bed dormitory as well as several campsites.
Amenities At Buhoma Community Rest Camp Include;
- Artisan craft shop
- Back-up power generator
- Cigarettes for sale
- Complimentary coffee/tea
- Cellphone/laptop charging
- Laundry services
- Mosquito nets
- Parking lot
- Postcards for sale
- Reading materials/games
- Restaurant/well-stocked bar
- Shower facilities
- Walking sticks for rent
2. Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
Set in the heart of the jungle of Gorilla land – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful, hospitable and comfortable places to stay in Uganda’s Bwindi. The lodge has carefully designed rooms to blend the natural environment which provides luxury and hospitality.
Accommodation At Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge Includes;
- Carefully designed rooms that blend well with the natural environment which provides luxury and hospitality.
- Each of the eight en-suite cottages faces the Forest and allows views of the forest canopy, with breathtaking views of the Virunga Mountain ranges.
- Each Room is fitted with twin beds with en-suite bathroom, flush toilets, an overhead shower that supplies hot and cold water, an extra blanket and a hot water bottle for those cold nights; all rooms are serviced daily by housekeeping.
- Four superior room cabins with capacity of 8 (Eight in twin sharing)
- Four deluxe room cabins with capacity of 8 (Eight in twin sharing)
- Six standard rooms with capacity of 12 (Twelve in twin sharing)
- Toilet and private shower bathrooms
- Side bed lamp stands
- Extra blankets
- Hot water bottles
- Luggage storage cabins in both the superior and deluxe cabins
- Trash cans
- A fireplace for each superior cabin
- Comfortable chairs to relax on in both the superior and deluxe cabins
- Reading chair and table in the superior cabins
- Two pairs of slippers
Facilities And Services Offered At Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge Include;
- Restaurant; offers different choices of multi-national exquisite worldwide foods with superb authentic flavor ranging from Chinese, Indian, and European as well as Traditional Ugandan foods to tantalize your ultimate taste buds.
- Buffets and set menus, set of vegetarian choices and refreshing drinks plus afternoon tea which you can take from the restaurant veranda, with a stunning view over the forest and mountains of Bwindi.
- Bar; well-stocked wine cellar full of a variety of premium brand wines plus a fully stocked bar
- Car parking space
- Laundry facility
- Hot water heaters
- A mini library with magazines and books about the beautiful continent of Africa
- Gift Shop with the Best Unique Gifts
- Daily housekeeping
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Connection
- Traditional entertainment
3. Ichumbi Lodge in Bwindi
Ichumbi Lodge In Bwindi (Luxury)-Overview
Ichumbi derived its name from the local Rufumbira dialect means ‘a cool, comfortable home ‘. Ichumbi Lodge is located just 10 minutes walk to Rushaga gate of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The lodge has a spectacular view of the park right from your room. It is designed to provide you with high-end comfort and relaxation to be able to enjoy your Gorilla tracking experience go birding watching and enjoy forest life surrounded by an impressive landscape.
Accommodation At Ichumbi Lodge Includes;
A total of 9 Luxury Cottages each with en-suite facilities, hot showers and a private balcony to enjoy the spectacular view of Bwindi forest; Rooms include;
Cisticola room; with double bed or Twin beds and accommodates up to 2 guests. Cisticola also has very nice views of the Bwindi impenetrable forest and the agricultural fields of the community on the opposite hill; it’s quite captivating and eye-catching.
Hammerkop cottages; these two cottages are inter-joined and therefore can be used as a family cottage or a twin/double cottage. It’s suitable for categories of people who love staying near each other and groups simply because it can be change into a double, twin, triple, family among others. It also has nice views of the forest and it’s easily accessible from the restaurant area.
Robin Chat cottage; with double bed or Twin beds and accommodates up to 2 guests. The cottage is easily accessible from the restaurant and bar with spectacular views of the forest right from your bed. You will be fascinated at the number of bird species that one will see while in this cottage and don’t be surprised when you are woken up by the sounds of the birds early in the morning. Birders can make their cameras and eyes busy while relaxing at the cottage balcony.
Ibis cottage; this features a double bed and accommodates 2 guests. This cottage ignites privacy because it’s secluded from the other cottages and a perfect hideout for honeymooners and lovers. The cottage is also blessed with a glorious wakeup call from the melodious birds every morning since it’s close to a number of flower gardens and trees not forgetting the mind-blowing atmosphere and natural fresh air just outside the balcony of the cottage.
Turaco cottage; with double/twin beds and has one of the best views of the Bwindi impenetrable forest either while sited outside the cottage balcony or through the window. It’s also the nearest cottage to the bar and good for those who love spending time enjoying our different bar brands.
Warbler cottages; feature double/twin or family and can accommodates up 4 guests. These two cottages are inter-joined and therefore can be used as a family cottage or a twin/double cottage. It’s suitable for categories of people who love staying near each other and groups simply because it can be changed into a double, twin, triple, family among others. It also has nice views of the forest and it’s easily accessible from the restaurant area.
Facilities And Services
- The main house; sited on top of a hill and well-stocked bar that offers guests both soft and hard drinks. Relax and order for a glass of wine and take in the views from the main house area.
- Restaurant; offers delicious meals that are well prepared by the kitchen. Some of the meals at the lodge are prepared with fresh local produce.
- Bar; has recharging facilities at the central area provided for guests to recharge their phones, camera batteries, laptops and other portable electronic devices.
- The lodge offers laundry services.
- Evening Campfire
- Parking yard
4. Agandi Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
This an Eco-friendly Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable forest in Ruhija and a few minutes to the Uganda Wildlife Authority briefing point. You do not have to wake up in the Dawn to reach the Gorilla tracking briefing point. Here you are on top of the Hill.
The eco-lodge is only with a 180°C panoramic view over the primary forest and the range of volcanoes. You’ll be welcomed by a wonderful team fully available to make your stay an unforgettable experience up arrival at the Agandi lodge.
It offers typical reinvented Ugandan style accommodations only made with local materials and arts. These include the Ugandan Huts, the Volcanic Cottages and, the Tree Nests. They will bring you all the comfort you need to enjoy your stay whether you are tracking gorilla or just taking your time to visit the region.
They have the below accommodations which are self-contained with toilets and a shower.
- 2 cottages
- 2 nest trees for the ones who want sightseeing adventures.
- 2 traditional Uganda huts made with wood
- 2 platforms with grass roofs for the campers
- 1 reception and dining room with a relaxing area in front of the view
- Meal; offers traditional meals, based on indigenous and local food prepared by local chefs. Meals can be served at Agandi Uganda Eco-lodges in the diner room or around the campfire.
- 2 public toilets and 2 public showers for campers
- 1 campfire to spend the night for discussing, listening to stories, listening to music, taking a drink
- 1 barbecue to make it simple and warm.
- WIFI is provided through a 3G network
5. Bwindi Engagi Lodge−Midrange
Engagi Lodge is a modern lodge in a breathtaking setting offering stunning views over the forest canopy. The lodge is situated in a large tract of land contiguous to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and runs from the main road to the Park Headquarters down to the Munyaga River.
The lodge has been built using local materials and is constructed from rocks found in and around the site and eucalyptus trees while the rooms are thatched from banana fibre sourced from local farmers.
Accommodation at Bwindi Engagi Lodge includes;
A total of 8 en-suite cottages, spaced out and hidden in the foliage
Each cottage has either double or twin beds, a bathroom with flushing toilets and hot and cold running water.
All have private verandahs where guests can enjoy their morning tea or coffee as they watch out over the forest canopy.
The lodge building is big enough to cater for larger groups but still allows for smaller individual groups to spread out in the different areas for privacy.
Facilities and services at Engagi Lodge
- Main lodge building; divided into a bar cum sitting room, the dining room and a large outdoor verandah viewing platform
- Kitchen, built away from the lodge to ensure privacy, prepares a variety of 3-course meals and clients requirements (e.g. Vegetarians) catered for by a team of experienced trained chefs
- Electricity; is provided by solar power with a back-up generator.
- Hot water; is supplied by eco-friendly wood burning boilers.
- A large secure parking area;
6. Bwindi Bakiga Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
It’s a mid-range safari lodge, situated in the Ruhija sector of Bwindi national park, just a few minutes’ drive from the Gorilla Trekking meeting point. Built on the top of a beautiful valley overlooking the Bwindi forest, Bakiga lodge is a wonderful accommodation for visitors looking for a real African experience with great views of Bwindi impenetrable forest. They are a nonprofit safari lodge – part of the Bakiga Community Project – a registered NGO in Uganda and a registered charity in the UK.
Accommodation includes; 6 family Cabins and 2 twin tents, all self-contained with ensuite bathrooms and spectacular views.
- WIFI internet is available at the lodge
7. Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
This lodge is located in Ryarutagara (which means a hill with a spectacular view of Bwindi Impenetrable forest, home of mountain gorillas and within the sight and earthshot of the Mashoho River). The Lodge is indeed a Spectacular spot to be. It is located close to Rushaga gorilla trailhead in the southern part of Bwindi 10Km from Nyanamo trading center.
Accommodation At Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge Includes;
- A total of 12 spacious and comfortable cottages that are built in modern style, well decorated and furnished, equipped with mosquito nets, driers, private en-suite facilities such as flushing toilets, hot and cold running water shower.
- Rooms have terrace/sitting areas with wooden balconies where you can relax while enjoying the fantastic views of the park.
- Rooms vary from single room (1 Person, Queen Bed), triple room (3 people, 3 Beds, 2 Windows), double room (1 Person, KING Size Bed, 2 Windows), twin room (2 People, 2 Beds, 2 Windows), to family cottages.
Facilities And Services At Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge Include;
- Restaurant; that serves different types of food served by well-trained and organized staff like; breakfast in the room, lunch, dinner, both in and outdoor dining.
- Bar; well stocked with hard and soft drinks
- Laundry services available at the lodge
- Wi-Fi available at the lodge that enables visitors to remain in touch with their friends and families
- Ample parking space
- Business facilities like meeting rooms and a conference hall
- Health and fitness center available like spa, gym, sauna, massage, and steam bath
- Craft shop with African gifts like shoes, clothes, bags etc.
- Standby generator available
8. Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
Gorilla mist camp is a camp located in Bwindi impenetrable national park on the Southwestern wing Ruhija Tracking area, where the gorilla families Oruzogo, Bitukura and Kyaguriro are found. It is also located near one of the best swamps known for birding safaris.
Accommodation At Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp Includes;
The camp consists of 12 beautiful grass-thatched bandas that are well decorated and furnished. The camp has luxury rooms with privacy and tranquility whereby each room has en-suite private facilities like flushing toilets, mosquito nets, and hot running water/bathtubs.
Rooms have wooden balconies and verandahs to relax while enjoying the flora and fauna around the park. Rooms are in different categories; single, double, and triple.
Facilities And services At Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp include;
- A restaurant that serves yummy food; breakfast, lunch and three-course dinner- both indoor and outdoor garden dinner are served.
- A well-stocked bar; with both hard and soft drinks in the main house
- Solar electricity
- Free parking space
- Laundry services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Health and fitness center; gym, spa, sauna, steam bath among others.
- Craft shop.
9. Bwindi Gorilla Valley Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Midrange)-Overview
Gorilla Valley Lodge is located on the border of the impenetrable forest and set on a steep slope. The lodge is a slice of wilderness paradise far from the madding crowd; a place of renewal and reconnection with the natural world.
Accommodation At Gorilla Valley Lodge Includes;
- A total of 12 rooms, with spacious private bathrooms, Toilets, Dining/Waiting area beautifully situated in lowland evergreen forest.
- The room is built on a steep slope, ensuring the best views on Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Every room has been lovingly furnished with twin beds and decorated in a modern retro style.
- All rooms have a private terrace from where to experience the splendor of the forest.
- Tastefully decorated and equipped with solar water heaters and comfortable beds rooms ensure a peaceful sleep.
Facilities And Services At Gorilla Valley Lodge Include;
- Restaurant & Bar; offering the better of two worlds: an international buffet prepared by Ugandan chef. On the highest part of the hill is the location of the main building with restaurant and bar.
- Lounge; where you can relax by the fire but you can also make yourself comfortable on the veranda.