Home » Safari Lodges In Bwindi Impenetrable National Park/Accommodations/Hotels
There are a variety of Uganda safari camps and lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park/accommodations/hotels.
Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or accommodations where you can stay during your Uganda gorilla trekking safaris range from:-
- Budget safari lodges,
- Mid-range safari lodges,
- Luxury safari lodges/hotels
Accommodation in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park/lodges are found in the 4 gorilla trekking sectors of Bwindi; Buhoma, Rushaga, Ruhija, and Nkuringo.
Therefore it is important to book your Bwindi National Park hotels/accommodations in the sector where you are going to track the gorillas.
Look out for your desired lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park/accommodations/hotels for your Stay in the Regions below.
Safari Lodges in Bwindi Buhoma Sector
1) Buhoma Lodge−Luxury
Buhoma Lodge is situated 5 minutes away from the briefing area at the entrance of Bwindi making it one of the most prominent luxury lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The lodge offers you a true jungle experience while on your Uganda gorilla trekking tours with beautiful sights of the forest cover and singing from the different bird species which call it home.
Accommodation at Buhoma Lodge comprises;
- Ten comfortable chalets are individually designed and carefully built using locally sourced materials.
- Inside the spacious chalets, there are large, comfortable beds and everything you need to make yourself at home.
- The well-appointed and roomy en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet contains a rain shower with a copious supply of hot water and is equipped with locally produced natural ranges of complimentary bathroom amenities.
- Some chalets also offer a bathtub for relaxation and enjoyment after the day’s activities.
- Each Chalet is fitted with insect-proof window screens, eco-friendly solar lighting, and a secure safe.
- The family/honeymoon chalet, in addition to all of the above, also features a separate lounge room with an open fireplace.
2. Mahogany Springs in Bwindi−Luxury
Set back on the pristine waters of the Munyanga River and facing the Impenetrable forest the natural setting of Mahogany Springs is one of the best places to stay while on your Uganda safari holiday at Bwindi Impenetrable.
The lodge offers privacy and serenity blended with optimal comfort in a spectacular setting. It is a perfect base from which to begin your Gorilla trekking or Bird watching adventures.
The Gorillas are known to visit the lodge making it one of the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Accommodation at Mahogany Springs lodge includes
Superior Suites; These suites can be Twin, Double or Triple.
The Presidential/Family Suite; This offers absolute privacy mixed with complete spaciousness.
Honeymoon Suite; The room has the same design and features as the Superior Suites with a few little added extras including a larger bed and a bathtub in addition to the shower.
3. Bwindi Silverback Lodge−Luxury
Silverback loge is the largest lodge in the Buhoma sector. It is about 5 minute’s walk to Bwindi National Park.
The lodge is perched on a high hill, atop the valley overlooking Bwindi Forest and one of the oldest best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Accommodation at silverback lodge includes;
A total of 12 rooms; were built and designed using local materials, such as forest vines, sisal rope, and purple slate stone.
Each room has an en-suite bathroom (with hot water showers) and comfortable chairs on the veranda for viewing the flora and fauna that make up the surroundings in the valley. Rooms include;
- 1 single room
- 4 double rooms
- 7 twin rooms
4. Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge−Luxury
Overlooking the beautifully primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Bwindi Lodge is one of the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park offering a stylish setting from which to enjoy the unforgettable experience of tracking the majestic mountain gorillas of Uganda.
Accommodation and services at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge include;
- A total of 8 newly renovated luxury bandas + 1 new deluxe banda (All rooms offer spectacular views of the forest. No guide/tour leader rooms are available at the lodge.
- All rooms are complete with en-suite bathrooms with flushing toilets, double vanity, and shower with hot & cold running water.
5. Trackers Safari Lodge-Luxury
Trackers Safari Lodge is a luxury safari lodge in the Buhoma sector of Bwindi National Park. It is an elegant and classic facility situated amidst the beautiful forest trees of Bwindi with panoramic views of the mountain.
Accommodation at Trackers Safari Lodge includes;
Family suite; This is suitable for a group of people traveling together or a family of up to 6 people.
Double room with balcony; This is a 30 square meter room that accommodates 2 people.
Luxury triple room; This accommodates three people and it is 40 square meters in size.
6. Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp-Luxury
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Kihihi airstrip is the closest airstrip which is 1 hour and 15 minutes from the camp. It is one of the best luxury lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park’s most famous resident – the mountain gorilla. Due to its unique location, it’s not unusual for gorilla families to visit the camp itself.
Accommodation at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
- A total of 10 stylish and spacious tents – exactly what is needed after a day spent tracking gorillas.
- Each tent features 2 queen-sized beds and an ensuite bathroom with a large bathtub that looks straight into the jungle canopy as well as an indoor shower.
- The rooms are also equipped with a hairdryer. Every tent has a personal attendant to attend to guests’ every need.
- The camp welcomes all children of all ages
- Children aged 15 and younger are required to share with an adult. All ten rooms can convert to triples.
7. The Crested Crane Bwindi Hotel−Luxury
This hotel is a beautiful family-friendly accommodation near Bwindi in the Kanungu district. Located a short drive away from the Buhoma section of the National Park, the hotel is also close to the Queen Elizabeth National Park surrounded by a picturesque African landscape.
Accommodation at Crested Crane Bwindi Hotel
There are options when choosing accommodation; the hotel offers cottages, deluxe and standard rooms, all with en-suite facilities. Upon entering the rooms that are bursting with modernity; then comes the fusion that should provide for a contemporary experience, like no other.
Executive Cottages; The cottages are spacious and luxuriously furnished
Deluxe Hotel Rooms; The hotel’s deluxe rooms come with twin/double beds
Standard hotel rooms; Standard rooms come with double or single beds and all en-suite facilities
8. Bwindi Engagi Lodge−Midrange
Engagi Lodge is a modern lodge in a breathtaking setting offering stunning views over the forest canopy. The lodge is situated in a large tract of land contiguous to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and runs from the main road to the Park Headquarters down to the Munyaga River.
The lodge has been built using local materials and is constructed from rocks found in and around the site and eucalyptus trees while the rooms are thatched from banana fiber sourced from local farmers.
Accommodation at Bwindi Engagi Lodge includes;
A total of 8 en-suite cottages, spaced out and hidden in the foliage
Each cottage has either double or twin beds, a bathroom with flushing toilets, and hot and cold running water.
All have private verandahs where guests can enjoy their morning tea or coffee as they watch out over the forest canopy.
The lodge building is big enough to cater to larger groups but still allows for smaller individual groups to spread out in different areas for privacy.
9. Buhoma Community Haven Lodge−Midrange
Haven Lodge is a spacious site lying above Buhoma village, a 5-minute drive from the main road, and this elevated location guarantees the best views across Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
It was opened in December 2014 to help BMCDA cater to clients interested in standard accommodation. The Lodge has provided the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Accommodation at Buhoma Community Haven Lodge includes;
Six (6) beautifully designed twin/double cottages, self-contained en suite safari tents, 3 self-contained cottages, 2 non-self-contained twin cottages, bandas, and 1 family cottages, all self-contained en suite and merging simple elegance with local materials.
10. Bwindi Guest House−Budget
For travelers on a Uganda safari on a budget, Bwindi Guest House is a perfect place to stay. This lodge is located at the Buhoma sector northwards of Bwindi impenetrable national park.
Bwindi Guest House is situated near the park gate and is in the ideal location for enjoying all that this region of Uganda has to offer. It is owned and operated by a local hospital.
It exists to support the work of doctors and volunteers within the Hospital, Nursing School, and Batwa Development Program
The Guest House is available to host not just hospital volunteers but all guests who are looking for an affordable, safe, and friendly environment in which to stay as they explore all the region has to offer.
Accommodation at Bwindi Guest House includes;
Bwindi Guest House is comprised of 6 different houses, each of a different size and configuration to meet the needs of the various individuals, families, and groups.
Monkey House; This is located on the hillside above the Hospital and offers 3 bedrooms, 3 shared bathrooms and a main dining room space.
Blackie Shacky house; This is located adjacent to the Monkey House and it is often chosen or offered as a private home for those who want a little more alone time.
Lower Gorilla House; This is located on a separate property bordering Bwindi Impenetrable Forest it offers the best location and view of any of our homes.
Paul and Barbara’s House; This house offers a studio-style room with an open kitchen, an enclosed toilet area, and a spacious balcony overlooking the forest.
Middle Gorilla House; This is a simple cabin with one large bedroom made of poles, a timber floor, a king-size bed, comfortable seating, and a small balcony.
Upper Gorilla House; This house features a similar design to Blackie Shacky and Middle Gorilla.
11. CPTH Gorilla Conservation Camp−Budget
This camp is one of the best budget options in Bwindi offering accommodation on the edge of the beautiful park with a stunning panoramic view of the top of the Forest.
The camp offers rustic and comfortable accommodations for tourists, students, and researchers, and profits go towards supporting the gorilla conservation efforts on the ground.
The camp is located in Buhoma – just 2km From Bwindi and gorilla trekking.
Accommodation at CPTH Gorilla Conservation Camp
The cam has a Guest House with 5 self-contained rooms together with 2 tents based around a shaded dining area set amongst the trees. The rooms include Self Contained Single, Double, Or Triple Rooms.
12. Buhoma Community Rest Camp−Budget
Buhoma Community Rest Camp has been the backbone of BMCDA since its inception in 1993. It is one of the best budget lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
It offers 6 well-furnished and self-contained (ensuite) safari tents, 3 self-contained cottages, and 2 non-self-contained twin cottage bandas.
All bandas are built with local materials and are of African architectural design. The cam also offers guests a 6-bed dormitory as well as several campsites.
Accommodation in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Rushaga Sector
1. Rushaga Gorilla Camp−Luxury
Built on 6 acres of land bordering Bwindi national forest, the lodge is 15 minutes’ walk away from the gorilla tracking starting point and one of the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The driving time from Kampala is about 9 hours, while the drive from Kigali, Rwanda is about 5 hours, and 1.5 hours from Kabale. The nearest airfield is about 35kms -Kisoro Airstrip
Accommodation at Rushaga Gorilla Camp comprises;
It has 20 beds in total. Rooms include Standard rooms/cabins, family cottages, luxury tents, and mobile tents and with a heater in every room, a Fan, Towels, and Toilet
Luxury Tents & Suites, Standard Rooms & Cabins, Family Cottages, & Camping Grounds are available.
2. Gorilla Safari Lodge−Luxury
Gorilla Safari Lodge is on the boundary line of the Bwindi Impenetrable, close to the starting point of trekking to the gorillas. The area is in the Kisoro region in southwest Uganda.
Accommodation at Gorilla Safari Lodge includes;
- There are 18 rooms in total, 3 of which are inter-leading rooms.
- Two of these individual rooms are joined and are recommended for guests who are well acquainted.
- The family rooms have 3 beds in each unit, and the rest of the rooms are either set twins or doubles (must be requested at the time of booking).
- Each room has a wooden balcony with a view of the undulating jungle-covered landscape.
- The balconies are furnished with a comfortable seating area, comprising chairs or couches.
- There are also small lounges/seating areas in each of the rooms.
- All bathroom amenities are provided, and rooms have a safe, wardrobe hanging space, mosquito nets, bedside lamps, and plug points. Some of the rooms have a stand-alone bath with a shower.
- There are also a few rooms furnished with an indoor coal fireplace for warmth. However, hot water bottles, dressing gowns, and extra blankets are provided for extra warmth.
3. Ichumbi Lodge in Bwindi−Luxury
Ichumbi derived its name from the local Rufumbira dialect means ‘a cool, comfortable home ‘. The Lodge is located just 10 minute’s walk to Rushaga gate of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
The lodge has a spectacular view of the park right from your room and is one of the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
It is designed to provide you with high-end comfort and relaxation to be able to enjoy your Gorilla tracking experience go birding watching and enjoy forest life surrounded by an impressive landscape.
Accommodation at Ichumbi Lodge includes;
A total of 9 Luxury Cottages each with en-suite facilities, hot showers, and a private balcony to enjoy the spectacular view of the Bwindi forest; Rooms include;
- Cisticola room; with double bed or Twin beds and accommodates up to 2 guests.
Cisticola also has very nice views of the Bwindi impenetrable forest and the agricultural fields of the community on the opposite hill; it’s quite captivating and eye-catching.
- Hammerkop cottages; these two cottages are inter-joined and therefore can be used as a family cottage or a twin/double cottage.
It’s suitable for categories of people who love staying near each other and groups simply because it can be changed into a double, twin, triple, or family among others.
It also has nice views of the forest and it’s easily accessible from the restaurant area.
- Robin Chat cottage; with double bed or Twin beds and accommodates up to 2 guests. The cottage is easily accessible from the restaurant and bar with spectacular views of the forest right from your bed.
You will be fascinated by the number of bird species that you will see while in this cottage and don’t be surprised when you are woken up by the sounds of the birds early in the morning.
Birders can make their cameras and eyes busy while relaxing on the cottage balcony.
- Ibis cottage; this features a double bed and accommodates 2 guests. This cottage ignites privacy because it’s secluded from the other cottages and a perfect hideout for honeymooners and lovers.
The cottage is also blessed with a glorious wake-up call from the melodious birds every morning since it’s close to a number of flower gardens and trees.
- Turaco cottage; with double/twin beds and has one of the best views of the Bwindi impenetrable forest either while sited outside the cottage balcony or through the window.
It’s also the nearest cottage to the bar and good for those who love spending time enjoying our different bar brands.
- Warbler cottages; feature double/twin or family and can accommodate up 4 guests. These two cottages are inter-joined and therefore can be used as a family cottage or a twin/double cottage.
It’s suitable for categories of people who love staying near each other and groups simply because it can be changed into a double, twin, triple, or family among others.
It also has nice views of the forest and it’s easily accessible from the restaurant area.
4. Bwindi Gorilla Valley Lodge−Midrange
Gorilla Valley Lodge is located on the border of the impenetrable forest and set on a steep slope. The lodge is a slice of wilderness paradise far from the madding crowd; a place of renewal and reconnection with the natural world.
Accommodation at Gorilla Valley Lodge includes;
- A total of 12 rooms, with spacious private bathrooms, Toilets, Dining/Waiting area beautifully situated in a lowland evergreen forest.
- The room is built on a steep slope, ensuring the best views of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Every room has been lovingly furnished with twin beds and decorated in a modern retro style.
- All rooms have a private terrace from where to experience the splendor of the forest.
- Tastefully decorated and equipped with solar water heaters and comfortable bedrooms ensure a peaceful sleep.
5. Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge-Midrange
This lodge is located in Ryarutagara (which means a hill with a spectacular view of Bwindi Impenetrable forest, home of mountain gorillas and within the sight and earth shot of the Mashoho River). The Lodge is indeed a Spectacular spot to be. It is located close to Rushaga gorilla trailhead in the southern part of Bwindi 10Km from the Nyanamo trading center.
Accommodation at Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge includes;
- A total of 12 spacious and comfortable cottages that are built in modern style, well decorated and furnished, equipped with mosquito nets, driers, private en-suite facilities such as flushing toilets, and hot and cold running water showers.
- Rooms have terrace/sitting areas with wooden balconies where you can relax while enjoying the fantastic views of the park.
- Rooms vary from a single room (1 Person, Queen Bed), a triple room (3 people, 3 Beds, 2 Windows), a double room (1 Person, KING Size Bed, 2 Windows), a twin room (2 People, 2 Beds, 2 Windows), to family cottages.
6. Bwindi Nshongi Camp−Budget
Nshongi Camp is the perfect location to start your Gorilla tracking; in fact, it’s the only place in Uganda and in the world where you can track FIVE different Gorilla Groups, Nshongi, Mishaya, Kahungye, Bushingye, and Bweza.
- Nshongi Camp is just a few minutes’ walks to the Ugandan Wildlife Service hut, the starting point of the Gorilla tracking.
- The camp is located a few meters from the edge of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southwest Uganda.
- Eco-friendly, rustic, and warm, locally owned, Nshongi Camp is known as the ideal base for Gorilla tracking, viewing, and birding, several of the 315 bird species, many of them endemics and monkeys can be seen here.
- Sometimes at night, even the bush elephants come close to the camp.
- The camp has just 4 traditional bandas and is the perfect place to be connected to nature or for a romantic stay.
- Guests can dine under the stars and relax by the roaring campfire. We serve 3 meals course, and we can prepare a lunch box for your tracking. Hot coffee, tea, and drinks are always available.
7. Wagtail Eco Safari Lodge−Budget
Wagtail Eco safari camp is a budget accommodation establishment located in Rubuguri town in the south of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- It presents best for those tracking Rushaga gorilla families of Nshongi, Mishaya, Bweza, Kahungye, and Bushingye along with Nkuringo Gorilla group.
- This lodge is usually a 10km drive from Rubuguri to these two stations where gorilla tracking is done
- The lodge is situated in a unique area with views of the unending Kigezi hills Virunga volcanoes onsite and the magnificent Bwindi impenetrable forest canopy.
- Wagtail safari camp offers well-maintained and comfortable accommodations with a bar and restaurant with a variety of local and international cuisine.
Safari Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Nkuringo Sector
2. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge−Luxury
The Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is 2161m above sea level on the Nteko ridge overlooking a beautiful swath of the World-renowned park. It is one of the best lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The ridge provides a superb vantage across the Kashasha River Valley to the forested hill known as ‘Nkuringo’ and the surrounding swathe of trees of the Bwindi Forest.
The Lodge has panoramic views of the majestic volcanoes of the Virunga chain, across the escarpment into the Albertine Rift Valley within the DRC Congo.
Accommodation at Nkuringo Bwindi lodge includes;
- A total of 16 rooms are split into 2 categories, the Garden Cottages, and the 2 Bedroom Villas.
- The cottages are individually handcrafted, each offering the tranquility of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet, and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for.
- There are 8 Cottages, 3 Villas made up of 2 interconnecting superior cottages and 1 Family Villa made up of 2 interconnecting superior cottages – each room/cottage is solar-powered and can offer twin beds or a double bed.
2. Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge−Luxury
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is situated in Nkuringo, bordering the southwestern corner of the Bwindi National Park.
It is at 2100m with a sweeping panoramic view of the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Rift Valley.
Clouds are unique in Uganda: a pioneer eco-tourism hotel that was built in partnership with USAID, AWF, and the Nkuringo community (NCCDF).
The main lodge feels like a ski chalet in the Alps. It has soaring ceilings, massive exposed wooden beams, and big-picture windows with endless views of treetops, volcanoes, and mountains.
Accommodation at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- A total of 7 spacious cottages (accommodating 18 guests) were built from volcanic stone.
- Each one has a large sitting room with a double-sided fireplace, vast overstuffed armchairs, hand-woven carpets, a private verandah, and comfortable bedrooms with en suite bathrooms.
- There are 5 double cottages and 2 family cottages (each with 2 private bedrooms and en suite bathrooms.
3. Chameleon Hill Lodge−Luxury
Chameleon Hill Lodge is situated in Kisoro Southwest part of Uganda between Mgahinga national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park. It is located on the shores of one of East Africa’s most beautiful lakes, Lake Mutanda, enabling visitors to enjoy spectacular views across the lake with its islands and surrounding hills.
The lodge offers a special blend of comfort and relaxation, where attention to detail and personalized service are paramount. As well as being the perfect base to visit the mountain gorillas, one can also enjoy a trip on the hand-built boat available for excursions.
Accommodation at Chameleon Hill Lodge comprises;
- A total of 10 luxury chalets with five double rooms and five twins; There are two beds in the twin room, one large bed in the double rooms, and an extra bed also available on request for double rooms.
- Each room has its own unique charm and character, with its own color scheme and private garden, they all share stunning views across the lake.
- Each chalet is equipped with a modern en-suite bathroom and apparently the best showers in Uganda with a panorama window to enjoy the lake and volcanoes even when you shower
- Early morning tea or coffee is brought to your room so you can take in the views sitting on your spacious veranda before going for breakfast, gorilla tracking, or any of our other activities.
4. Mutanda Lake Resort-luxury
Perched on a Lake Mutanda peninsular in the shadow of the Virunga Mountains, the resort offers comfortable accommodation combined with the most beautiful views on planet earth.
It is a perfect base for gorilla trackers, lake loungers, volcano hikers, and bird lovers as well as those looking for a mystical place in nature. It’s within striking distance of gorillas at Nkuringo, Rushaga, and Mgahinga.
Accommodation at Mutanda Lake Resort includes;
- A range of cottages each with a private veranda and en-suite bathroom;
- The resort offers standard cottages with a single room, double/twin room, and triple/family room. There are also luxury cottages with a single room, double/twin room, and triple/family room.
Camps and Lodges in Ruhija Sector
1. Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge−Midrange
Set in the heart of the jungle of Gorilla land – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful, hospitable, and comfortable places to stay in Uganda’s Bwindi.
The lodge has carefully designed rooms to blend with the natural environment which provides luxury and hospitality.
Accommodation at Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge includes;
- Carefully designed rooms that blend well with the natural environment which provides luxury and hospitality.
- Each of the eight en-suite cottages faces the Forest and allows views of the forest canopy, with breathtaking views of the Virunga Mountain ranges.
- Each Room is fitted with twin beds with an en-suite bathroom, flush toilets, an overhead shower that supplies hot and cold water, an extra blanket, and a hot water bottle for those cold nights; all rooms are serviced daily by housekeeping.
- Four superior room cabins with a capacity of 8 (Eight in twin sharing)
- Four deluxe room cabins with a capacity of 8 (Eight in twin sharing)
- Six standard rooms with a capacity of 12 (Twelve in twin sharing)
2. Agandi Lodge−Midrange
This is an Eco-friendly Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Ruhija and a few minutes from the Uganda Wildlife Authority briefing point.
- You do not have to wake up in the Dawn to reach the Gorilla tracking briefing point. Here you are on top of the Hill.
- The eco-lodge is only with a 180°C panoramic view over the primary forest and the range of volcanoes.
- You’ll be welcomed by a wonderful team fully available to make your stay an unforgettable experience upon arrival at the Agandi lodge.
- It offers typical reinvented Ugandan-style accommodations only made with local materials and arts. These include the Ugandan Huts, the Volcanic Cottages, and, the Tree Nests.
- They will bring you all the comfort you need to enjoy your stay whether you are tracking gorillas or just taking your time to visit the region.
They have the below accommodations which are self-contained with toilets and a shower.
- 2 cottages
- 2 nest trees for the ones who want sightseeing adventures.
- 2 traditional Uganda huts made of wood
- 2 platforms with grass roofs for the campers
3. Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp−Midrange
Gorilla mist camp is a camp located in Bwindi impenetrable national park on the Southwestern wing Ruhija Tracking area, where the gorilla families Oruzogo, Bitukura, and Kyaguriro are found.
It is also located near one of the best swamps known for birding safaris.
Accommodation at Ruhija Gorilla Mist Camp includes;
- The camp consists of 12 beautiful grass-thatched bandas that are well-decorated and furnished.
- The camp has luxury rooms with privacy and tranquility whereby each room has en-suite private facilities like flushing toilets, mosquito nets, and hot running water/bathtubs.
- Rooms have wooden balconies and verandahs to relax while enjoying the flora and fauna around the park. Rooms are in different categories; single, double, and triple.
4. Bwindi Bakiga Lodge-Midrange
It’s a mid-range safari lodge, situated in the Ruhija sector of Bwindi national park, just a few minutes’ drive from the Gorilla Trekking meeting point.
- Built on the top of a beautiful valley overlooking the Bwindi forest.
- Bakiga lodge is a wonderful accommodation for visitors looking for a real African experience with great views of Bwindi impenetrable forest.
- They are a nonprofit safari lodge – part of the Bakiga Community Project – a registered NGO in Uganda and a registered charity in the UK.
Accommodation includes; 6 family Cabins and 2 twin tents, all self-contained with ensuite bathrooms and spectacular views.
5. Broadbill Forest Camp−Budget
Broadbill Forest Camp is positioned in the Ruhija sector to the east of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where gorilla trekking in Uganda takes place.
- The Broadbill Forest Camp provides a budget accommodation arrangement without compromising quality and comfort.
- The accommodation is offered intents that are placed on raided wooden floors covered by grass thatch making it eco-friendly.
- Broadbill Forest Camp features 4 tents with self-contained washrooms and they have provision for twin, double and single rooming arrangements. The Camp has the main building which houses the restaurant and the bar.
- The fireplace is also present where the fire is lit in the evening to present a typical African night in the wilderness.
5. Ruhija Gorilla Friends Resort−Budget
It is a lodge located near Bwindi impenetrable national park. This lodge is owned and run by the local community and is a favorite of many people tracking the gorillas through the Ruhija gate.
- The lodge is close to the park gate and guests are able to walk to the gorilla briefing point. The gorilla groups at this gate are Bitukura, Oruzogo, and Kyaguriro.
- Ruhija gorilla friends resort provides affordable accommodation in categories of rooms, safari tents, and camping.
- They have both self-contained and none self-contained options. The restaurant on-site provides meals and most of the guest who stays here during their gorilla trip has found the lodge quite reliable.
6. Trekkers Tavern−Budget
Bwindi Trekker’s Tavern is located 2 kilometers from the park headquarters past the trading center of Ikumba.
The lodge rests on a hilltop overlooking the magnificent Virunga volcanoes and the panoramic views of the Bwindi forest.
Accommodation at Trekkers Tavern includes;
A total of 5 spacious eco-friendly cottages with a lovely cozy atmosphere, all have ensuite bathrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.
- Five cottages
- Private bathroom and showers
- Towels and toiletries
- Cozy double beds
- Each cottage can accommodate four guests