Home » Budget Safari Lodges
Trekkers Tavern At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park(Budget)-Overview
Bwindi Trekker’s Tavern is located 2 kilometers from the park headquarters past the trading center of Ikumba. The lodge rests on a hilltop overlooking the magnificent Virunga volcanoes and the panoramic views of the Bwindi forest.
Accommodation At Trekkers Tavern Includes;
A total of 5 spacious eco-friendly cottages with a lovely cozy atmosphere, all have ensuite bathrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.
- Five cottages
- Private bathroom and showers
- Towels and toiletries
- Cozy double beds
- Each cottage can accommodate four guests
- Security; the Lodge has a 24-hour CCTV surveillance system for your security.
Buhoma Community Rest Camp−Budget
Buhoma Community Rest Camp has been the backbone of BMCDA since its inception in 1993.
It offers 6 well-furnished and self-contained (ensuite) safari tents, 3 self-contained cottages, and 2 non-self-contained twin cottage bandas.
All bandas are built with local materials and are of African architectural design. The cam also offers guests a 6-bed dormitory as well as several campsites.
Amenities at Buhoma Community Rest Camp include;
- Artisan craft shop
- Back-up power generator
- Cigarettes for sale
- Complimentary coffee/tea
- Cellphone/laptop charging
- Laundry services
- Mosquito nets
- Parking lot
- Postcards for sale
- Reading materials/games
- Restaurant/well-stocked bar
- Shower facilities
- Walking sticks for rent
CPTH Gorilla Conservation Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Budget)-Overview
This camp is one of the best budget options in Bwindi offering accommodation on the edge of the beautiful park with a stunning panoramic view of the top of the Forest. The camp offers rustic and comfortable accommodation for tourists, students and researchers, and profits go towards supporting the gorilla conservation efforts on the ground. The camp is located in Buhoma – just 2km From Bwindi and gorilla trekking.
Accommodation At CPTH Gorilla Conservation Camp includes;
The cam has a Guest House with 5 self-contained rooms together with 2 tents based around a shaded dining area set amongst the trees. The rooms include Self Contained Single, Double, Or Triple Rooms.
Facilities And services Include;
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Options Available
- 24/7 Wi-Fi and International Airtime Top Up
- Gorilla Permit Booking and Travel Consultancy on Site
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Service
- Spacious Thatched Dining Room and Social Area
- Solar-Powered Electricity
- Camp Toilets, Sink and Hot Showers
- Linen and Towel Service
Ruhija Gorilla Friends Resort−Budget
It is a lodge located near Bwindi impenetrable national park. This lodge is owned and run by the local community and is a favorite of many people tracking the gorillas through Ruhija gate.
The lodge is close to the park gate and guests are able to walk to the gorilla briefing point. The gorilla groups at this gate are Bitukura, Oruzogo, and Kyaguriro.
Ruhija gorilla friends resort provides affordable accommodation in categories of rooms, safari tents, and camping.
They have both self-contained and none self-contained options. The restaurant on-site provides meals and most of the guest who stays here during their gorilla trip has found the lodge quite reliable.
Nshongi Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Budget)-Overview
Nshongi Camp is the perfect location to start your Gorilla tracking; in fact, it’s the only place in Uganda and in the world where you can track FIVE different Gorilla Groups, Nshongi, Mishaya, Kahungye, Bushingye, and Bweza.
Nshongi Camp is just a few minutes’ walk to the Ugandan Wildlife Service hut, the starting point of the Gorilla tracking.
The camp is located few meters from the edge of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southwest Uganda.
Eco-friendly, rustic and warm, locally own, Nshongi Camp is known as the ideal base for Gorilla tracking, viewing and birding, several of the 315 birds species, many of them endemics and monkeys can be seen here. Sometimes at night, even the bush elephants come close to the camp.
The camp has just 4 traditional bandas and is the perfect place to be connected to the nature or for a romantic stay.
Guests can dine under the stars and relax by the roaring campfire. We serve 3 meals course, and we can prepare a lunch box for your tracking. Hot coffee, tea, and drinks are always available.
Broadbill Forest Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park(Budget)-Overview
Broadbill Forest Camp is positioned in Ruhija sector to the east of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where gorilla trekking in Uganda takes place. The Broadbill Forest Camp provides a budget accommodation arrangement without compromising quality and comfort.
The accommodation is offered intents that are placed on raided wooden floors covered by grass thatch making it ecofriendly.
Broadbill Forest Camp features 4 tents with self-contained washrooms and they have provision for twin, double and single rooming arrangement. The Camp has the main building which houses the restaurant and the bar. The fireplace is also present where the fire is lit in the evening to present a typical African night in the wilderness.
Bwindi Guest House in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Budget)-Overview
For traveler on a Uganda safari on budget, Bwindi Guest House is a perfect place to stay. It is located at the Buhoma sector northwards of Bwindi impenetrable national park. It is situated near the near the park gate and is in the ideal location for enjoying all that this region of Uganda has to offer. It is owned and operated by a local hospital. It exists to support the work of doctors and volunteers within the Hospital, Nursing School and Batwa Development Program
The Guest House is available to host not just hospital volunteers but all guests who are looking for an affordable, safe and friendly environment in which to stay as they explore all the region has to offer.
Accommodation at Bwindi Guest House includes;
Bwindi Guest House is comprised of 6 different houses, each of a different size and configuration to meet the needs of the various individuals, families and groups.
- This is located on the hillside above the Hospital and offers 3 bedrooms, 3 shared bathrooms and main dining room space.
- The backyard garden area of the Monkey House is visited almost daily by a troop of energetic Red Tail monkeys.
- It is an open-air Banda built of timber, poles and roofed with banana fiber for outdoor seating and enjoyment of the park’s wildlife.
Blackie Shacky house
- This located adjacent to the Monkey House and it is often chosen or offered as a private home for those who want a little more alone time.
- It is a great small family cottage, couples room or peaceful respite.
- It consists of one bedroom with timber and pole construction, a Queen Bed & outdoor seating on the back porch.
- The room has a shower and toilet.
Lower Gorilla House
- This is located on a separate property bordering Bwindi Impenetrable Forest it offers the best location and view of any of our homes.
- It features 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and a small kitchen.
- It can host two couples, a family or a large group of up to 10 if needed.
- The Lower Gorilla has a large balcony facing the forest and is able to serve meals outside or in the dining room.
- It has hot showers, solar electricity, and limited internet connection.
- Meals are served on-site for tourists
Paul and Barbara’s House
- This house offers a studio style room with an open kitchen, enclosed toilet area and a spacious balcony overlooking the forest.
- The home has solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- It is located below the village of Nkwenda it is a very short five-minute walk to the offices of Uganda Wildlife Authority and gorilla trekking.
- It is a great home for couples, singles, or a small family and can be configured to host up to four people.
Middle Gorilla House
- This is a simple cabin with one large bedroom made of poles, timber floor, king size bed, comfortable seating and a small balcony.
- It has a private toilet, sink and shower overlooking the forest located outside on the balcony.
- There is solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- It also offers its own small gas cooker for guests to boil water for tea/coffee or prepare a simple meal.
- Meals are served at the Lower Gorilla House on the same property or offered at the Monkey House down the road.
Upper Gorilla House
- This house features a similar design to Blackie Shacky and Middle Gorilla.
- It was constructed using natural poles, timbers and a woven fiber ceiling.
- It has simple bedroom space with a King size bed, desk, chair and outdoor enclosed toilet and shower on the deck.
- The house offers solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- Meals offered at the Lower Gorilla House or Monkey House in Buhoma.
Bwindi View Bandas