Home » 10 Best Luxury Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park/Accommodation/Hotels
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Luxury)-Overview
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is situated in Nkuringo, bordering the southwestern corner of the Bwindi National Park. his lodge s one of the best Luxury Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
It is at 2100m with a sweeping panoramic view of the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Rift Valley.
Clouds are unique in Uganda: a pioneer eco-tourism hotel that was built in partnership with USAID, AWF, and the Nkuringo community (NCCDF).
The main lodge feels like a ski chalet in the Alps. It has soaring ceilings, massive exposed wooden beams, and big-picture windows with endless views of treetops, volcanoes, and mountains.
Accommodation At Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
A total of 7 spacious cottages (accommodating 18 guests) were built from volcanic stone.
Each one has a large sitting room with a double-sided fireplace, vast overstuffed armchairs, hand-woven carpets, a private verandah, and comfortable bedrooms with en suite bathrooms.
There are 5 double cottages and 2 family cottages (each with 2 private bedrooms and en suite bathrooms.
Facilities And Services Offered by Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge include;
- Dining; meals are prepared using the freshest local ingredients and served in front of a roaring fire in the dining area or in the privacy of your stone cottage. Private dinners are offered on request.
- Comfortable chairs on the outdoor verandas provide the perfect vantage point to admire the unforgettable vistas of the forest below.
- Blazing fireplaces create a cozy glow as evening falls.
- Children’s activities can be arranged whilst adults are trekking gorillas.
- Laundry services are available
2. Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Luxury)-Overview
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Kihihi airstrip is the closest airstrip which is 1 hour and 15 minutes from the camp.
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park’s most famous resident – the mountain gorilla. Due to its unique location, it’s not unusual for gorilla families to visit the camp itself.
Accommodation At Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp includes;
- A total of 10 stylish and spacious tents – exactly what is needed after a day spent tracking gorillas.
- Each tent features 2 queen-sized beds and an ensuite bathroom with a large bathtub that looks straight into the jungle canopy as well as an indoor shower.
- The rooms are also equipped with a hairdryer. Every tent has a personal attendant to attend to guests’ every need.
- The camp welcomes all children of all ages
- Children aged 15 and younger are required to share with an adult. All ten rooms can convert to triples.
Facilities At Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Include;
- Dining; breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all included in your stay. Breakfast is served before the morning game activity.
Lunch is enjoyed back at the camps or packed during gorilla treks. Once back at the camp, pre-dinner drinks and a three-course dinner will be served. Romantic private dinners can be arranged upon request.
Meals typically consist of the following:
- Breakfast: Continental and full English breakfast
- Lunch: Table d’Hote, a 3-course meal with 2 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Dinner: Table d’Hote, a 3-course meal with 2 to 3 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Honeymoons and Special Occasions; Guests celebrating their honeymoon will receive special surprises during their stay. All attempts are made to keep honeymooners separate from other guests.
Honeymoon services include:
- Private dinner by the spa with a private bonfire
- Bubble bath with flower petals and sparkling wine – after gorilla tracking activity
- Spa Treatments
- Special requests; sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp prides itself on its personalized services; special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions.
- Cozy campfire; in the main area at night
- Small gift shop; at the camp offering a variety of local artifacts and practical supplies
- Mini spa; with a variety of treatments, offering the perfect way to end a day of tracking.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi; is available in the main areas of the camp.
- Electricity supply; a combination of a silent packed generator and battery system.
3. Volcanoes Safaris Bwindi Lodge
Buhoma Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Luxury)-Overview
Buhoma Lodge is situated 5 minutes away from the briefing area at the entrance of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The lodge offers you a true jungle experience while on your Uganda gorilla trekking tours with beautiful sights of the forest cover and singing from the different bird species which call it home.
Accommodation At Buhoma Lodge comprises;
- Ten comfortable chalets are individually designed and carefully built using locally sourced materials.
- Inside the spacious chalets, there are large, comfortable beds and everything you need to make yourself at home.
- The well-appointed and roomy en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet contains a rain shower with a copious supply of hot water and is equipped with locally produced natural ranges of complimentary bathroom amenities.
- Some chalets also offer a bathtub for relaxation and enjoyment after the day’s activities.
- Each Chalet is fitted with insect-proof window screens, eco-friendly solar lighting, and a secure safe.
- The family/honeymoon chalet, in addition to all of the above, also features a separate lounge room with an open fireplace.
Facilities And Services At Buhoma Lodge Include;
- The lodge has an open-air lounge and a well-stocked bar that offers guests both soft and hard drinks.
- Tea/coffee is available throughout the day at the restaurant. The lodge also delivers early morning wake-up calls to the chalets as required.
- The restaurant offers four-course meals prepared by the excellent kitchen staff with some ingredients directly sourced from the community.
- The lodge offers free Wi-Fi.
- The bar area has recharging facilities at the central area provided for guests to recharge their phones, camera batteries, laptops, and other portable electronic devices.
- Guests staying overnight at the lodge are offered a complimentary massage per stay by the lodge’s trained in-house masseuse which is a nice way to relax and let loose after the day’s activities.
- Each chalet has a private telephone service for the guests just in case room service is needed.
- The lodge has a curio shop with local community-made crafts; most of the crafts at the curio shop are handmade.
- The water supply at the lodge is gravity fed.
Bwindi Silverback Lodge (Luxury)-Overview
Silverback loge is the largest lodge in the Buhoma sector. It is about 5 minute walk to Bwindi National Park. The lodge is perched on a high hill, atop the valley overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable.
Accommodation at silverback lodge includes;
A total of 12 rooms; were built and designed using local materials, such as forest vines, sisal rope, and purple slate stone. Each room has an en-suite bathroom (with hot water showers) and comfortable chairs on the veranda for viewing the flora and fauna that make up the surroundings in the valley. Rooms include;
- 1 single room
- 4 double rooms
- 7 twin rooms
Facilities and services at Silverback Lodge comprise;
- Ngali Restaurant and Terrace
- Summit Bar
- Barbeque dining in the lodge gardens overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Wi-Fi in the lodge
- Gift Boutique Store
- Massage treatments; include aromatherapy massage, deep tissue Massage, reflexology, Swedish massage, and Indian head massage.
Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge At Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Luxury)-Overview
The Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is 2161m above sea level on the Nteko ridge overlooking a beautiful swath of the World-renowned Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. The most accoladed/decorated Luxury Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
The ridge provides a superb vantage across the Kashasha River Valley to the forested hill known as ‘Nkuringo’ and the surrounding swathe of trees of the Bwindi Forest.
The Lodge has panoramic views of the majestic volcanoes of the Virunga chain, across the escarpment into the Albertine Rift Valley within the DRC Congo.
Accommodation At Nkuringo Bwindi lodge Includes;
A total of 16 rooms are split into 2 categories, the Garden Cottages, and the 2 Bedroom Villas.
The cottages are individually handcrafted, each offering the tranquility of the rain forest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet, and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for.
There are 8 Cottages, 3 Villas made up of 2 interconnecting superior cottages and 1 Family Villa made up of 2 interconnecting superior cottages – each room/cottage is solar-powered and can offer twin beds or a double bed.
Room Facilities: ensuite bathroom, private veranda, safe box, complimentary drinking water, shampoo and hair conditioner, hairdryer (provided on request), hot water bottle in the bed in the evening, fire-place, daily housekeeping service, extra bed and baby cots, tea and coffee brought to your room.
Each cottage (approx. 50 square meters) is individually designed, can become a triple, has a spacious wooden veranda (10-15 square meters), and enjoys a view either of the Virungas or of Bwindi forest.
The Villas or 2-in-1 cottages command great views of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and can be used for a family (there is an interconnecting door) or as two separate private cottages – each room can host up to 3 people.
The Family Villa differs from the other 3 villas only in design since both rooms share the same veranda.
Facilities And Services At Nkuringo Bwindi Lodge Comprise;
- Restaurant; serving home-made meals and freshly baked bread,
- The dining room and upstairs lounge; are perfect for you to curl up on one of the sofas with a book and drink by the fireplace.
- coffee-shop with an
- In-house craft shop
- Massage parlor,
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the main area,
- 24-hour security
- Children are welcome (babysitting services available at the lodge at no extra cost)
Mutanda Lake Resort at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (luxury)-Overview
Perched on a Lake Mutanda peninsular in the shadow of the Virunga Mountains, the resort offers comfortable accommodation combined with the most beautiful views on planet earth. It one of the most scenic Luxury Lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
It is a perfect base for gorilla trackers, lake loungers, volcano hikers, and bird lovers as well as those looking for a mystical place in nature. It’s within striking distance of gorillas at Nkuringo, Rushaga, and Mgahinga.
Accommodation At Mutanda Lake Resort Includes;
A range of cottages each with a private veranda and en-suite bathroom;
The resort offers standard cottages with a single room, double/twin room, and triple/family room. There are also luxury cottages with a single room, double/twin room, and triple/family room.
Facilities And Services At Mutanda Lake Resort include;
- Bar & Restaurant, the restaurant resembles a Swiss chalet with an African touch. It offers delicious dishes prepared with herbs and vegetables from the garden.
- Wi-Fi; the lodge provides free wireless internet from the restaurant, enabling you to share your gorilla experiences with your friends back home.
- Laundry service; is provided at the lodge for guests staying two or more consecutive nights. Laundry is hand washed and air-dried.
- Kids’ entertainment service; including board games, a boat trip on the lake, or stand-up paddle-boarding so they can enjoy the lodge while you go gorilla trekking.